At a cafe at Marymount


It’s 8.39pm and for some reason I’m at a family-run café, café Dino, at upper Thomson Road. I really shouldn’t be eating so much but the mid wings are sooo nice. It’s really weird how I’ve never been here before when I was in RI all those years. Anyhow, I have two hours to kill while my bf plays a tournament upstairs … I’m not sure if I’m even being coherent but oh well I’ll treat this as a flow of consciousness (a very artistic term for blah de blah de blah).

                  Being at Marymount and seeing Udders triggered a lot of memories. For some reason, I haven’t gotten off the train at Marymount for ages… I even instinctively avoid Bishan for some weird reason, I guess it reminds me too much of school.

                  The friend that I used to go to Habitat Café with after class to whine about how we have no boys chasing us is no longer my friend. And the bunch of JC classmates I used to hang out with are well hanging out with each other without me and one other friend of mine… so I guess this place just doesn’t really trigger any good memories. I have also recently apologized to B, one of my close JC friends, for well being not very nice to her. It was still sad to know that we would never be close again even though I had held on to a glimmer of hope that she would magically hang out with me again.

                  But I am also glad that I am no longer that neurotic JC kid who was always chasing some guy, hetero- or homo-sexual, and always looking for someone to fill the void. Perhaps the 10+ kg I have gained since JC meant something – a lower center of gravity generally means more stability. Sometimes when I look at my jc photos in my phone, the ones where I look decent with my not-yet-existent double eyelids, I feel a little sadness at all the time I had wasted being zhong se qing you instead of being a better friend to my besties M and C. It is only when I have started working that I realized that you can’t get better and truer friends than your school besties and well, I am just so grateful that they are still around for me even today. I would want nothing more than having them as my maids of honour for my wedding and for them to still be around when I’m old enough to be sipping tea and complaining about ‘young people these days’. I’ll make sure that they eat healthy and live Really long for that to happen!

                  Having read a lot of meditation books by Thich Nhat Hanh, I have gradually come to terms with all the random incidents in JC which were again mostly consequences of my impulsiveness and sometimes-endearing childishness. I’m not sure if any of you feel this way, but sometimes real life can be much more dramatic than any character in say Gossip girl or something. But hey, you’ve gotta try everything right?

                  Oh right, I just got reminded that I was supposed to go and take graduation photos in RI or something. I mean I see all these very nice photos on Instagram where you take photos at your alma mater and omg I want those tooo. I’d really like to take pictures with the RI cat, maybe I should order Dominoes, that’ll make Mr RI cat come to me… Okay it’s 9.01 now so I guess I should go check on my bf. Tchao.


x

Comments

Popular Posts